Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Sat Jul 10 16:22:21 2004

It is cool, but where is any value in this (I mean - 5 minutes)  rapid
updates for .com and other base domains? I wish rapid DNS when running
enterprise zone (with dynamic updates) or when running dynamic-dns service
(for those who use dynalic IP's); but for .com and .net, it is just a public
relation useless feature - registration time is 1 year, 5 minutes vs 1/2
day - do not makes any difference.

(I am not saying that it is bad; I just do not see any reason for the
celebration - anyway,  DNS system have caches and delays measured in hours,
and when you register xxxx.com you are doing it for a few years).