Re: DNS with Akamai

  • From: Lloyd Taylor
  • Date: Sat Jul 10 11:04:58 2004

Keynote data shows a small spike in DNS errors for the KB40 index
from 8am to 8:30am EDT this morning.  Normally we see less than
1 error per 4000 datapoints per half hour.  During this period,
it was 22 errors.  There was also a jump in "connection timed out"
from less than one to 18 during this period.

Looking at the deaggregated data, it appears that the spike was
due to brief problems on many of the measured sites, rather than
any one particular site.

It does not appear to be an Akamai-specific DNS issue at all.  It
does not appear to be especially significant (22/4000 < .1%) either.

I'll do some more digging...

--Lloyd