Re: VeriSign's rapid DNS updates in .com/.net

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Fri Jul 09 16:05:07 2004

Very cool! Kudos! This is good news from Verisign on NANOG for a change. :) Does this also apply to domains with other registrars? From your message wording above, it appears that is the case which is great news. Does this apply to authoritative name server changes as well? Also, does this apply to customers who have had their domains suspended due to non-payment? That is always tough for our support desk to tell a customer they need to pay their bill to registrar X then wait 24-48 hours. If this will end that mess too, that's even better.

Seconded. This is very cool and something I think everyone has wanted for a long time.

[Devil's Advocate Hat On]

So domain hijacking can now take place in seconds in the middle of the night?

[Devil's Advocate Hat Off]

And you can fix hijacked domains in seconds!!

DJ