RE: concern over public peering points [WAS: Peering point speed publicly available?]

  • From: John Ferriby
  • Date: Fri Jul 09 00:17:03 2004

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 02:43 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Which almost begs the question - what's the oddest "WTF??" anybody's
> willing to admit finding under a raised floor, or up in a ceiling or cable
> chase or similar location? (Feel free to change names to protect the
guilty
> if need be....:)

Raccoons.  Came in late one night and heard noises that I didn't
really expect.   Turns out the facility had diverse entrances and
multiple conduits - and one of them had been exposed outside due
to some erosion and had been damaged.  We found little surprises
for quite awhile after that.

Undergarments and shoes.  His and hers, but no other clothing.

A crutch.  Just one.

On the "not under the floor" I was at a facility that had an enormous
amount of open floor space and far too much air.  (Wishful thinking)
The ops staff moved all the grated tiles to a central area and used
to play adult-sized air hockey complete with a rubber puck and
sticks...  but only late at night.

-John