RE: 802.17 RPR and L2 Ethernet interoperablity (Ethernet over RPR)

  • From: Sam Stickland
  • Date: Wed Jul 07 06:26:48 2004

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much everyone has told me that it's vendor
specific, although the implementation mentioned below sounds nice. Any
chance of naming that vendor?

One question about this, the Q-in-Q tunnelling would have to take place on
the switch connected to the ring - what happens if the packet has already
been placed in a dot1Q tunnel? I haven't really worked much with dot1Q
tunneling - are their any know problems with extra tags? (aside from MTU
issues, but I imagine most rings will support at least 9bytes)

Sam