Re: concern over public peering points [WAS: Peering point speedpublicly available?]

  • From: Mikael Abrahamsson
  • Date: Sat Jul 03 12:28:23 2004

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Randy Bush wrote:

> no.  in the first case, you're just hiding the incremental costs.
> eventually, some bean counter is gonna want to recover them, and
> then folk get quite unhappy.

What costs are you referring to? You basically need a few hours time per
month from engineers and billing department. This for an exchange that has
20 ISPs connected to it. The amount of traffic isn't really a factor, but
the one I know of and am part of running carries multi-gigabit.

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email protected]