Re: Who broke .org?

  • From: Tim Wilde
  • Date: Thu Jul 01 22:26:35 2004

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:

> maybe they had some whacky attack like Akamai got? I'll have to troll the
> nanog archives for the info on finding which/where/what .org TLD box you
> are querying when there are problems. Rodney had noted that such info is
> helpful for them to figure out what parts of their pods are having
> problems.

dig @tld1.ultradns.net. whoareyou.ultradns.net.

Will tell you the IP you're talking to.

dig @tld1.ultradns.net. whoami.ultradns.net.

Will tell you who it thinks you are.

Unfortunately, neither of those is very helpful if the query is timing
out.  I think Rodney has mentioned that traceroutes are helpful in that
case, though.

--
Tim Wilde
[email protected]