Re: (UPDATE) Can a Customer take their IP's with them? (Court says yes!)

  • From: Patrick W Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Jun 30 11:37:22 2004

On Jun 30, 2004, at 4:58 AM, william(at)elan.net wrote:

I do not see it that way, from what is known so far, NAC for some time
has been trying to either buy pegasus or force them to sign long term
agreement with terms that would be very beneficial to NAC financially.
I'm just wondering how that differs from ANY OTHER NETWORK on the Internet? Do you have a lot of providers coming to you offering terms which are not financially beneficial to them? Have you never had someone ask to buy you out?

These are not material to the discussion at hand, IMHO. Just 'cause I want to buy your biz and/or want to charge you lots of money does not mean you should get to keep your IP space. NAC honored the contract in place until it expired - and was not renewed _at the customer's request_. Why does what NAC wants to charge after the current contract expired matter?

--
TTFN,
patrick