Re: BGP list of phishing sites?

  • From: Dan Hollis
  • Date: Tue Jun 29 18:50:40 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 [email protected] wrote:
> If they are notified that they are an
> accessory to a crime and do not take any
> action, then doesn't this make the provider
> liable to criminal charges?

You would think it would. But who bothers to prosecute? No one.

> Did you really inform the provider's legal department of
> this fact or did you just send an email to some dumb droids in the
> abuse department?

Yes and I was told they would not do anything unless they received a
subpoena or law enforcement forced them to shut it down, and that if I
wanted action I should talk to the police instead.

> Quite frankly, I don't consider messages to
> the complaints/abuse department to be "notice".
> How long does it take to find a head office
> fax number and draft up a legalistic looking
> "notice" document addressed to their legal
> department?

Not long, but its a waste of time because they wont do anything anyway.

The only way to get their attention is with blacklists.

-Dan