Re: BGP list of phishing sites?

  • From: David Barak
  • Date: Tue Jun 29 16:56:23 2004

--- Iljitsch van Beijnum <[email protected]> wrote:

> Einstein taught as that even the simple act of
> observation influences
> our surroundings. Wouldn't it make sense to try to
> leverage this
> influence such that the future is shaped more to our
> liking, however
> small the change may be?

nitpick: it wasn't Einstein, but rather Heisenberg who
developed the uncertainty principle.  The uncertainty
principle only speaks of electrons (or other small
wavicles) and describes how it's not possible to know
both the position and momentum.  If you're not
interested in knowing both of those at the same time,
the uncertainty principle does not apply.  The
principle has been analogized to describe larger
systems and items, and is a useful but not always
completely accurate metaphor.  It is entirely possible
to observe some things without affecting them.

-David Barak
-Fully RFC 1925 Compliant