Re: The use of .0/.255 addresses.

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Sun Jun 27 16:55:29 2004

On 27-jun-04, at 16:12, Peter Corlett wrote:

I currently have a few .255/32s with Cisco and Foundry products and
have various windows/linux/OSX machines that access them without
problems..

Well, I'd expect Linux and OSX to do the right thing. It just seems to
be Windows that makes a complete sow's ear of it.
If you want to have some real fun, try configuring some class E addresses. Windows of course won't have it, and Cisco also doesn't want anything to do with it, even to the point of rejecting routes within 240.0.0.0/4 when they come in over BGP. (Which an MacOSX box running Zebra will happily provide.)