Re: Looking Glass Wiki

  • From: Janet Sullivan
  • Date: Fri Jun 25 08:15:18 2004

Thomas Kernen wrote:

Since I've been hitting a lot of looking glass sites on traceroute.org
lately that no longer worked, I decided to make my own list in wiki
form.
> FYI Traceroute.org is updated approx once a month, most of the input
> is based on user feedback these days since automated checking is
> usually rejected by a lot (most) webmasters in order to prevent
> automated querries so I get a lot of false positives. Also, since
> quite a few of these services are maintained by engineering teams they
> tend to go offline for hours/days/weeks/months but are valid URLs.

First, let me say that traceroute.org is a wonderful site. I have no desire to pull all of it into wiki format. All I am interested in are the looking glasses and route servers. Since there are only a few hundred of these, I'll still be able to hand check them every few weeks.
Also, being a wiki, users will be able to update the entries themselves.

Thanks for all the hard work you to on traceroute.org. I really appreciate and use it a lot.