Re: SprintPCS spam policies

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 23:05:48 2004

Eric Kuhnke  writes on 6/25/2004 5:44 AM:

As a non-sprint-related side note, I know of somebody whose AT&T Wireless phone service was rendered completely unusable by incoming spam via the email-to-SMS gateway. The typical rate was one message every 30 minutes, the only solution offered by customer service was to change the phone number. Has anyone ever encountered spammers doing a dictionary attack (emailing all 9999 phone numbers in a NXX) via email-to-SMS gateways?
I used to run an email to sms gateway at a previous job (where we consulted for one of india's largest mobile phone providers)

I was seeing multiple instances of this even 4..5 years ago.

srs

--
suresh ramasubramanian [email protected] gpg EDEDEFB9
manager, security and antispam operations, outblaze ltd