Re: Attn MCI/UUNet - Massive abuse from your network

  • From: Christopher L. Morrow
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 17:37:35 2004

First, I'd like to see this thread end, not due to the beetings, but due
to the severity of the offtopic-ness of it :) BUT... see below.

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 [email protected] wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:22:02 +0700, "Dr. Jeffrey Race" <[email protected]>  said:
>
> > Not at all.  You can terminate for actions prejudicial to the safety and security
> > of the system.   Has nothing to do with anti-trust.
>
> I suspect that the spammer can find a lawyer who is willing to argue the idea
> that the "safety and security" of the AS701 backbone was not prejudiced by
> the spammer's actions, unless AS701 is able to show mtrg graphs and the
> like showing that the spammer was actually sending enough of a volume to
> swamp their core routers....

This is true. The 'security' or 'safety' of the backbone is not affected
by:
1) portscaning by morons for openshares
2) spam mail sending
3) spam mail recieving

(atleast not to my view, though I'm no lawyer, just a chemical engineer)

So, the issue of termination for this reason isn't really valid. Hence the
off-topic-ness of this thread.

-Chris