RE: Unplugging spamming PCs

  • From: Larry Pingree
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 14:24:53 2004

Hi Joe,

	If only those who are approved email senders are allowed to be
accepted, this allows police, FBI, or DHS to go after only those who are
registered and abusing it. It's for the same purpose that we administer
car registrations, so that at the end of the day, someone is responsible
for the car. In this case, someone can be responsible for the domain and
mail server. In its current state, we are left way in the open. I don't
disagree that government control is un-desirable, but remember, at least
in my mind, even though it may be undesirable, it may be a necessary
action. Anyone know why we have to get a drivers license? How about a
passport?  What about a SSN?  All of these things are ways in which we
can have accountability. Without accountability we will remain in
anarchy. All that government does is bridge a gap when corporations,
which only do things for profit, will not collaborate on an appropriate
solution to a problem, even though one exists.

LP

Best Regards,

Larry

Larry Pingree

"Visionary people, are visionary, partly because of the great many
things they never get to see." - Larry Pingree