Re: Unplugging spamming PCs

  • From: Michael.Dillon
  • Date: Thu Jun 24 11:30:10 2004

> That sentence is A joke 15000 subscribers affected

A joke? Doing hard time is no joke.

> http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;
> jsessionid=IPQ4NZVA4P24ACRBAELCFEY?type=technologyNews&storyID=5504916

Maybe I read the Russian wrong here
http://www.echel.ru/news/?page=2&id=3421#3421
but it seemed to me like he was sentenced
to two years with the possibility of early
release after one year. Nevertheless, when
you read the details of what he actually did,
this is a real wakeup call for anyone in
Russia who sends spam. The police take it
as seriously as releasing viruses or worms.

Wouldn't we all like to see our courts treat
spammers this way? Write a few lines of PERL
to pump out SPAM and go to jail.

--Michael Dillon