Re: Can a customer take IP's with them?

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Wed Jun 23 15:54:12 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:06:54 +0000 (GMT) "Edward B. Dreger" <[email protected]> wrote:

> RW> Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 13:35:06 -0400 (EDT)
> RW> From: Richard Welty

> RW> i had a customer once who had, for no reason they could
> RW> ever clearly explain, arbitrarily used ericson's IP space for
> RW> their own internal network.

> Only one customer?

we were a small outsourced network monitoring/management
business (since bought by someone else, several years ago now.)

another way to look at it is that at one point in time, 25% of our
customer base was using "improper" ip address space (not
our fault, we knew better. legacy is a bitch.)

> It gets annoying after a while.

when you're trying to do SNMP, it gets beyond annoying, it
seriously cramps your network engineering style.

richard
--
Richard Welty                                         [email protected]