Re: Packeteer

  • From: Martin Hepworth
  • Date: Wed Jun 23 03:53:56 2004

Rob

Used here, packshaper that is. Very effective, easy to use - had it up and running in a couple of hours and saved my life when we had a 128k line - ie was cheaper at the time to buy one of these than to upgrade the line.

Nowadays it's kinda redundant as I've got an E1 so I don't get bandwidth hogging issues. I keep it to make sure the VPN etc gets it QoS.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

[email protected] wrote:
Anyone had any good/bad experiences with the PacketSeeker or PacketShaper product ? (http://www.packeteer.com/). It looks like a good sub-$10,000 traffic monitor that will allow you to see all Layers of traffic utilization and reporting. Plus you can upgrade it to shape traffic with a license and firmware upgrade.

Rob

the system manager.