Re: what's going on with yahoo and gmail lately?

  • From: Mike Sawicki
  • Date: Sun Jun 20 21:56:45 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 09:22:33PM -0400, Sean Donelan wrote:

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004, Matthew McGehrin wrote:
> >  4  srp-8-1-ar01.verona.nj.nj01.comcast.net (68.87.47.193)  12.870 ms  9.725 ms
> >  5  pos-7-0-cr01.plainfield.nj.core.comcast.net (68.87.19.253)  9.891 ms  8.937 ms
> >  6  12.118.149.5 (12.118.149.5)  10.761 ms  10.216 ms
>
> Comcast offers toll-free customer assistance for all of its paying
> customers.  Have you tried contacting them?  The number is on your
> bill every month.

<rant>
Yes, try calling them.  You *might* get through.  These days they
seem to hang up on about 1 of 3 customers who call in.

I've been back on their "High Speed Internet" for about 3 months
now and it seems to be getting worse every day.  They are either
overselling, or this new wholly-owned network of theirs is built
very wrong.
</rant>

Honestly though.. if you use your home 'Net connection for anything
important, I'd look for an alternative.  I routinely have 19ms to my
next hop.. about 4 miles away.  I happen to have Verona and
Plainfield directly in front of me as well.. I think it's our area.

cheers,
--
Mike Sawicki
[email protected]