Re: Verisign vs. ICANN

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Thu Jun 17 20:39:19 2004

Anything I/we can do to help the cause?

Bob Martin

yes..... I almost missed this one.

There are few entities for which i have more contempt than ICANN.

But verisign heads the more contempt than ICANN list by several orders of magnitude.

in my estimation it would like to control telecom by control of the numbers associated therewith.

In addition to the present issue which owen de long described here masterfully last fall, verisign's alliance with EPC global at some point in the future could give it huge power in supply chain rfid numbering systems. Finally there is something doing in the voip area that i am not clear on at all but which i didn't like the sound of when i read the description. I am tying to stay away from this cesspool. It brings no income - only grief. But, knowing what i know, i am remiss if i don't stick my head up here.

I go waaayyyy back with network solutions to 1994 actually and i keep damned good archives. If I can assist Paul or the anti-verisign part of this case in building the details of the history of who did what to whom, I gladly will do so

Quoted from different thread:

(note that verisign has amended their complaint against icann (since the
court dismissed the first one) and i'm now named as a co-conspirator.  if
you reply to this message, there's a good chance of your e-mail appearing
in court filings at some point.)
-- Paul Vixie