Pushing GTLD zones [WAS: Akamai DNS Issue?]

  • From: Patrick W Gilmore
  • Date: Thu Jun 17 11:51:39 2004

On Jun 17, 2004, at 11:37 AM, Matt Levine wrote:

Ya...didn't look at the setup before I posted, oh well..

I'll still pose the question as a theoretical one... say it was ultradns rather than akadns (..or any substantially large website in traffic having an authoritive DNS attack), would verisign be willing to push changes for somebody 'big' ? should they?
The only time I remember that the .com zone was pushed out of window for a customer was one time AOL had a problem with AOL.com. I think they let it expire by accident, not certain. Check the NANOG archives.

Interesting that AOL can force a push but "ianai.net" cannot. Is it because they have more users? Would citibank.com be able to do the same thing? How about xxxPR0Nxxx.com? I bet some of them have lots and lots of users too.... :)

Other than that, I remember the .com zone being pushed mid-day when there was an error during the over-night push.

--
TTFN,
patrick