Re: AOL

  • From: Petri Helenius
  • Date: Thu Jun 17 03:06:17 2004

Rob Nelson wrote:

Eventually all the "bad" customers end up with the same ISP, then filtering is as easy as running loose uRPF and filtering on their AS on input.

And that's why we can all safely dump anything from aol.com into /dev/null, right? ;)

That�s somewhat to the same urban legends of spam being sourced off Asia instead of Florida. In our research which compares a few metrics to the number of incidents exceeding certain tresholds AOL (if we�re talking about AS1668 here) comes up quite favourably. Not your model student but compared to a lot of population out there, very nice.

Pete