Re: Akamai DNS Issue?

  • From: Patrick W.Gilmore
  • Date: Wed Jun 16 17:36:16 2004

On Jun 16, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Pete Schroebel wrote:

With the Akamai issue we were seeing only partial resolution and since we
pay Google a big wack of dough each month it is important for there network
to resolve. Additionally, we have the same contracts with Overture/Yahoo/SBC
so they are equally important. We even went as far as asking Paul Vixie if
we were routed to the blackhole. It is the same issue, just a different
flavor.
I really hate getting into flame wars, but I am interested in data about this last event.

You say "it is the same issue, just a different flavor". I am wondering if you meant the problem Tuesday morning is the same problem you had weeks ago, or if the problem you had weeks ago is the same as the problem you are having with Overture / Yahoo / SBC? It is unclear to me exactly what you meant, and "Details are Important". :)

If you honestly believe you had the same problem weeks ago that everyone else experienced Tuesday morning, please give us some more information. I do not believe Akamai has ever had the type of problem experienced yesterday.

--
TTFN,
patrick