Re: Akamai an Inside Job?

  • From: David Kennedy CISSP
  • Date: Wed Jun 16 14:13:58 2004

At 09:41 AM 6/16/2004 -0700, Brian Mulvaney wrote:

>At 08:23 AM 6/16/2004, David Kennedy CISSP wrote:
>
>>http://www.overclockersclub.com/?read=8733819

>>[DMK: Source, beyond overclockers, unknown, reliability and accuracy
unknown.]

>That's nonsense David.  Keynote measurements can distinguish between
>availability problems caused by DNS outages versus those caused by
>connectivity or site outages.  They manifestly don't track attackers.

SET DONT_SHOOT_THE_MESSENGER=ON

I tried by both the above DMK line and the querying subject to make clear I
was not claiming this as fact, rather I was hoping for more details to be
revealed, possibly here, probably by someone more reliable than "LinuXProX"
the poster on overclockersclub.

I note with interest the earlier "They have tracked the attacker back to
person that is at the Akamai Technologies ISP" is no longer on the page.

--
David Kennedy CISSP Risk Analyst TruSecure Corp.
http://www.trusecure.com