Re: Akamai DNS Issue?

  • From: Stewart, William C (Bill), RTSLS
  • Date: Tue Jun 15 21:31:08 2004

Daniel Golding suggested that the problem was that many folks are sharing Akamai's magic DNS algorithms.
This doesn't appear to be a problem with magic algorithms - it appears that they're sharing the _servers_,
and that the reported attack on the servers means that it doesn't matter how magic the algorithms are.
Good luck to them on developing a longer-term workaround for the next attack.

	Bill Stewart,  [email protected]

Disclaimer: This note is, as usual, my personal opinion, not my employer's.