Re: "Default" Internet Service

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Tue Jun 15 00:32:11 2004

Owen DeLong wrote:

Smith, Donald wrote:

> First are the consumers willing to pay for a "safer" internet
> DSL/dial/isdn?

Why should they have to?
Because it costs money to mitigate the attacks coming from their
infected machines.
It takes people and people want to be paid. Given a larger security
abuse team we could do more.
That's a reason abusers should have to pay cleanup fees.
Which is something people condem me for doing with the SORBS spam database.... even with the money going directly to charity (or other non charity good causes)

Majority of people in the SORBS spam database are those who have abused my mailserver and my mailbox.

/ Mat