Re: "Default" Internet Service

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Tue Jun 15 00:26:32 2004

Smith, Donald wrote:

I don't expect you the ISP to solve all these problems, nor do I expect you the ISP to stop your users from getting infected.... However you the ISP are responsible for traffic coming from and going to your users, and most of us don't care if you want to allow your users to get infected, however we do care if you allow your customers to attack us.... Whether it be an attack in the form of spam, DDoS or trojan/virus spreading.

As an ISP I am responsible to ensure my users can send and receive
packets.

Want to contribute? Consider volunteering time at one of the public internet security sites.
Complaining that ISP's are not doing enough is not productive.

I consider the work I put into SORBS a significant contribution to internet security....

/ Mat