Re: "Default" Internet Service

  • From: Edward B. Dreger
  • Date: Mon Jun 14 19:42:36 2004

AL> Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 17:57:21 -0500 (CDT)
AL> From: Adi Linden

AL> Who do you suppose pays for the abuse department staff? Those
AL> are operational costs passed on to all customers.

Unless one does nothing, in which case the cost goes to the rest
of the world.  I'd rather take on a handful of infected users and
hosts on the inside than deal with crud from the rest of the
world.

Yet another slew of NANOG threads with hundreds of posts that
boil down to sociotechnical issues and how to shift the costs to
the guilty parties.

Eddy
--
EverQuick Internet - http://www.everquick.net/