Re: "Default" Internet Service

  • From: Matthew Sullivan
  • Date: Mon Jun 14 01:45:08 2004

Owen DeLong wrote:

Frankly, I don't want to have to read the *@#( tutorial. I should at least
have the option of skipping to the questions. I don't mind "You must be
this tall to ride." I do mind "Now we, who have been in business for
fewer years than you have been running backbone routers, are going to
give you a brief tutorial on internet security."
No, I referred to the questions as simple questions where someone would have had to have read the tutorial (or already knows the answers) to get a less restricted account.....

There would of course be the option to say 'I want a completely unrestricted incoming and outgoing account, I do know what I'm doing'....

The point being that the majority of mum's, dad's and indeed small businesses don't have a clue about what they are doing, and most just want to be able to browse the web, do some internet banking or shopping, and have access to email.

Yours

Mat