Re: [OnTopic] common list sense (Re: Even you can be hacked)

  • From: Paul Jakma
  • Date: Fri Jun 11 13:35:19 2004

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

Or the document a little out-dated and replaced.  But not your
responsibility huh?
822 might have been superceded, yes, however no newer standards track RFC has made Reply-to obsolete. My point was that Reply-to isnt something new, it's something I'd expect anyone on a network ops mailling list to know about and be able to use.

(if they really wish to run the risk of other people accidently mailling private correspondence to the Reply-To address).

NB: The other thing you can do is filter your email into seperate mailboxes, eg each list into a seperate folder. If you do this, the direct copy will become useful.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to [email protected]