Re: Even you can be hacked

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Thu Jun 10 14:33:31 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:06:43PM -0500, Laurence F. Sheldon, Jr. wrote:

> Jeff Shultz wrote:
>
> >But ultimately, _you_ are responsible for your own systems.
>
> Even if the water company is sending me 85% TriChlorEthane?
>
> Right.  Got it.  The victim is always responsible.
>
> There you have it folks.

	...the distinction btwn content, delivery systems, and customer
	owned equipment.  context shifting... anyone (else) remember
	when all kit that touched the telephone network was owned
	by the telco?  ...  and ostensibly why?

	bit-pipes are a -very- comfortable business model; "we just
	pass the bits, we don't mess w/ them" - pushes the mitigation
	issues elsewhere and/or opens new business opportunities.

	of course neither my mother nor my daughters know or care
	about gcc ...  and they pay to have someone to blame.

--bill