Re: Charter blocking Port 25

  • From: Richard Parker
  • Date: Thu Jun 10 01:42:34 2004

on 6/9/04 9:10 PM, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy at [email protected] wrote:

> Cox also filters your e-mail on their SMTP server such that if it contains
> both words "root" and "password" it will get silently dropped.  This is
> why I'm using an alternate port to bypass their SMTP server (or you
> wouldn't get this e-mail).

I find it hard to believe that Cox has secretly implemented a policy of
dropping all outgoing mail that contains the phrase "root password."  In
fact, I just sent this e-mail to the NANOG mailing list via the Cox SMTP
server smtp.west.cox.net, so if they have implemented such a policy, they
haven't implemented it on all of their servers.

-Richard