Re: Charter blocking Port 25

  • From: Mark Andrews
  • Date: Thu Jun 10 01:37:06 2004

In article <[email protected]> you write:

>On 06/09/04, Arman <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Does anybody else know of other cable/DSL providers that simply block
>> outbound port 25?
>
>       Many of 'em do.  If your contract says you can run servers on
>       your connection, then you should call and complain.
>
>       On the other hand, if Charter prohibits running servers on your
>       connection...well, you get what you pay for.

        What does whether you can run a server have to do with
        *initiating* SMTP traffic.

        As for the original question.  Optus blocks but if you call
        customer support they will remove the block with a warning
        "if you spam we will block it" which is reasonable based
        on the published AUP.  Yes they also added the block w/o
        informing anyone.  I would be calling Charter and asking
        for the block to be removed.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE:	+61 2 9871 4742		         INTERNET: [email protected]