[Fwd: [IP] Japan facing bandwidth shortage due to take-up in broadband]

  • From: Suresh Ramasubramanian
  • Date: Wed Jun 09 20:15:40 2004

I wonder how much of this is bandwidth that could be saved by clamping down on worm traffic / assorted junk from zombies and open proxies etc, before investing in new bandwidth on a national scale - and in upgrading routers and other kit for that purpose.

And I do believe that a lot of the bandwidth for broadband (true broadband that is, not what the average US ISP would call "dsl" or "cable") there is online gaming traffic... bandwidth requirements for that would be increasing steadily if I don't miss my guess.