Re: Verizon IP's and ARIN Records

  • From: John Curran
  • Date: Wed Jun 09 11:41:51 2004

At 1:00 AM -0700 6/8/04, william(at)elan.net wrote:
>I'm not sure what will need to happen for ARIN to understand that validity
>and security of whois data is important and people rely on that all the
>time and they can't just ignore these issues. Unfortunetly most people who
>actually use their data also the ones who really dont have time or interest
>to participate in ARIN political process and as such are not heard at all.

William,

   ARIN understands exactly how important the validity and security of
   the whois data is...   This understanding is based on the policies that
   the community chooses to adopt (or not).

   The Third Joint meeting of Nanog and ARIN will take place October 17th
   through the 22nd in Reston Virginia (thanks to local host TimeWarner!)
   More information is hidden on the home page of http://www.nanog.org/.

   I understand that Reston is not exactly a tropical vacation spot, but I
   ask that folks who feel strongly about the policies affecting whois data
   stay another day or so and participate in the public policy process.  In
   this manner, we're assured of getting balanced policies that reflect the
   wishes of the entire community.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran