RE: IT security people sleep well

  • From: Jason Frisvold
  • Date: Mon Jun 07 22:57:06 2004

Agreed, but what are those routers used for these days?  We use those
routers for management (old 2511's) ...  Any existing 2500's in the core
network (yes, I'm ashamed to say some still exist) are ensured to have
the max memory they can get ...  Again, this is purely theoretical for
me as management here has not deemed it appropriate to deploy ssh ...

But, if ssh were added to all IOS's, it would greatly reduce the number
of routers that could *not* include SSH due to flash limitations...

I can say that in other networks that I consult for, I try to ensure ssh
is available, as well as acl's and other security techniques...  :)

Jaosn Frisvold
Penteledata