Re: IT security people sleep well

  • From: Henning Brauer
  • Date: Sun Jun 06 06:20:04 2004

* Paul Jakma <[email protected]> [2004-06-06 09:03]:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2004, Mike Lewinski wrote:
> >And that provides protection against MITM attacks how?
> kerberised telnet can be encrypted (typically DES - sufficient to
> guard MITM).

this is not nearly the same league as (proper) ssh.

complaining that cisco charges extra for such a critical component is
exactly the right thing to do; it is fucking scary.

every damn network device which used to have telnet should ship with
ssh, it's free. well, I understand that cisco has problems with their 3$
CPUs with the crypto load, bit that's an extremely poor excuse.