RE: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

  • From: Neil J. McRae
  • Date: Thu Jun 03 05:41:31 2004

Simon,

> However, the AT&T thing looks like a combination of Arbor
> PeakFlow:DoS for automated DoS detection on the network, and
> what used to be Riverhead (and now acquired by Cisco) for
> "traffic scrubbing" to allow normal traffic to continue to be
> passed to nodes under attack.
>
> COLT have been doing this exact same thing in the UK for a while now.

We have been doing it *globally* for over a year now, using Arbor Peakflow
DDOS
and Riverhead Guard, [both of which are excellent products from excellent
vendors [take note Cisco!]].

http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0306/afek.html

is the presentation Nico gave at SLC.

http://www.techweb.com/wire/story/TWB20040428S0006

Guess which site was on the COLT network. We've also protected a large
number
of our customers against the blackmailing pay us 10K or we'll DDOS you type
situations, although few want to press release that type of situation :-)

Regards,
Neil.