Re: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

  • From: Alexei Roudnev
  • Date: Thu Jun 03 01:54:31 2004

Hmm - please try to patch windows box, having 19200bps dialin connection and
living in a small town. It's almost impossible..

Q. is - why this [email protected]#$ MS open ports for listening on _CLIENT_ machines (when
no one asked them about it),
and why they created the world of monocultural OS systems. This is the roots
for this problem. Patching is just a _patching_.

People are not lazy - it is just IMPOSSIBLE to patch millions of this
systems.

PS. Sendmail... who told _sendmail_?! Did you tried to patch sendmail, when
it was installed from unknown sources and
configured by unknown m4 file, and sources was lost when engineer was fired
2 years ago? You are welcome to try, I can find such system for you.