Re: Real-Time Mitigation of Denial of Service Attacks Now Available With AT&T

  • From: nanog
  • Date: Wed Jun 02 04:30:57 2004

> ----- Forwarded message from Eric Kuhnke <[email protected]> -----
>
> Major providers such as Sprint and UUNet have had null route communities
> available for quite some time...   Unless I am mistaken?

Which AT&T does *not* have, unless I cannot find the correct person
to enlighten me.  (NOC, sales team, implementation teams, customer
care and lifecycle teams- all either scratch their head and say
"what?  why would someone want that?" or just say "no.")

Someone, please prove me wrong.  I would love to have this
rather simple and quite common (these days) functionality
in all of my upstreams.  Yes, AT&T is the only one (out of 4
major providers we use) that cannot seem to implement this.

Of course, I wonder if it will ever come now (assuming they will
charge for their whiz-bang Arbor solution...)

bill