Re: botnets world and the FBI

  • From: Henry Linneweh
  • Date: Tue Jun 01 21:20:20 2004

E-crime = E-crap another media driven dribbled label.

There are many students, even housewives who in their
spare time write botnets and other software mechanisms
simply for the purpose of learning how to program, in
C and C++ or even learn how to script in Perl, Python
and tcl. To make a blanket statement is to condemn
innocent people who have nothing to do with a limited
group of people that do warez aka pirate software on
irc servers when law enforcement, already has been
there to make cases and arrests and prosecutions.

Seeing that a dalnet luser is crying wolf, if my
history has taught me correctly, that network got
ddos'd out of existence over warez and battles over
control over software piracy. Other networks were
intelligent enough to get out of the way and make
sure such events do not destroy the client base.

-Nite