Re: botnets world and the FBI

  • From: Wayne E. Bouchard
  • Date: Tue Jun 01 17:20:11 2004

With the rise of extortion incidents online, there's no doubt in my
mind that we've got lots of things that relate here. You rarely ever
find one crime being done independantly of another. I mean how do you
suppose that the terrorists get their funding? Large sums of money
pass to them every year as a result of credit card fraud, identity
theft, drugs, and other similar crimes. (Now thats by no means to say
that all such stuff is associated with terrorism -- there is afterall
old fashioned organized crime -- but it's hard to deny that there is
indeed a link.)

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 01:53:17PM -0700, Bora Akyol wrote:

> On 6/1/04 7:24 AM, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > To be brutal - do we really need to declare a "War on E-Crime" when we're
> > still
> > fighting a War on Terrorism and a War on Drugs?
>
> How do you know they are not related.
>
> Bora

---
Wayne Bouchard