Cable networks RE: best effort has economic problems, maybe OT

  • From: Christopher J. Wolff
  • Date: Sun May 30 11:50:15 2004

Folks,

This is a great discussion.  I'm interested in understanding these types of
limitations in the context of HFC cable networks.  In my opinion, HDTV
channel bandwidth (30mhz?) , increased demand for voip, and growing demand
for IP connectivity is going to stress the cable network model as well,
forcing cable operators to convert everything to IP before going out across
the wire.  Any input is appreciated.

Regards,
Christopher