best effort has problems

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Fri May 28 16:00:09 2004

Greetings Nanogers,

I published a two month issue last weekend with the bottom line conclusion that there can be no telecom recovery as long as the industry relies solely on the best effort business model which I believe is not economically sustainable.

This has led to two articles on my June-July issue conclusions this week in the trade press. Something that has never happened to me before. :-)

The first is ISP Planet and the second Broadband Edge.

Here are the urls

http://www.isp-planet.com/perspectives/2004/cook_internet.html (monday)

http://bbedge.mblast.com/presentation/page798-878156.asp (today)

Finally my summary, table of contents and list of contributors is at http://cookreport.com/13.04.shtml