Re: Cisco HFR

  • From: Hank Nussbacher
  • Date: Thu May 27 12:35:35 2004

>> No. The BFR was the development name for Tony Li's last Cisco project
>> and morphed into the GSR. The processor card in at least early GSRs had
>> a BFR sticker on them.
>
> Pardon, but I need to set the record straight here...  It was not by
> any stretch of the imagination 'my' project.  There were dozens of folks
> that had far more involvement than I did.  All I did was to help with
> getting things jump started.
>
> Tony

Just to add a bit more, I believe Tony and Michael Laor were the main
leaders in the GSR:
http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/innovators/optical/gsr/index.htm

Whereas the BFR had a lot of Israeli work from Michael's group (as per an
Israeli daily reports - and here is the English translation):
http://www.ivc-online.com/ivcWeeklyItem.asp?articleID=1727

-Hank