Re: Cisco HFR

  • From: Steven M. Bellovin
  • Date: Wed May 26 07:59:20 2004

In message <[email protected]>, Deepak Jain writes:

>Eric Kuhnke wrote:
>>
>> Here it is, complete with OC-768 interface:
>>
>> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5763/index.html
>>

>In the old days, every major provider would already be talking about how
>they have ordered 200 of these for every major market for redundant
>deployment -- and are just waiting on Cisco to deliver them the gear.

Personally, I'm at least as intrigued by the IOS replacement as by the
high-speed hardware -- when will that percolate to the rest of the
product line?  As with any major new software product, it will probably
be less reliable at first, but -- given the design goals -- quite
likely much more reliable in the not tremendously distant future.