RE: Cisco HFR

  • From: Burton, Chris
  • Date: Tue May 25 17:12:55 2004

	I think this is more of an initial offering; at this speed there
have to be problems with dispersion over longer distances, this would
need to be solved as well as other issues before longer distances would
be permissible; plus I don't know of any regen/amplifier equipment that
would handle this that is on the market yet (I may be wrong).  There is
also the need of OC-768 speeds; I don't think the need quite there yet
(Even with the nice demonstration that Cisco gave during the Web cast);
OC-48 and OC-192s are still the leaders for this.

Chris Burton
Network Engineer
Walt Disney Internet Group: Network Services

The information contained in this e-mail message is confidential,
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If
the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please contact Walt Disney Internet Group at
206-664-4000.