RE: Cisco HFR

  • From: Michel Py
  • Date: Tue May 25 13:21:39 2004

> This box is the HFR which, according to the San Jose Mercury,
> is short for "Huge Fast Router". (Some reporter at the Merc
> probably still believes in the tooth fairy.)

Same as the BFR, I heard a different interpretation of the word in the
middle :-)

> As with many things, if you have to ask how much it costs
> before deciding to order it, you can't afford it.

You don't get it, me thinks. For lots of people here, networks are not a
toy funded by the taxpayer's money, they're a tool to make money and
popular wisdom that I have found being practiced here says that indeed
you _do_ ask how much it costs before you buy it. I don't buy a million
bucks peace of equipment because it looks cool and I just got funding. I
buy a million bucks piece of equipment because I want ROI on it, and if
the ROI is 500k over 5 years I actually don't buy it.

Michel.