Re: Dell power connect switches.

  • From: Iljitsch van Beijnum
  • Date: Fri May 21 18:39:44 2004

On 20-mei-04, at 22:10, Joel Perez wrote:

We are planning to deploy several Dell PowerConnect 3324, 3348 and 6024
switches on our network.
No real complaints. The management is a bit unusual as it's menu-based and the telnet session always makes the cursor disappear on my vt100 windows... Then there is the issue that you have to set the vlan for access ports in two places, for no apparent reason. Unless I'm mistaken, the IP address for the switch "works" in all vlans. So I'm not sure if this switch is appropriate in very security conscious environments, but for simple managed switching it works well enough.