Re: Qwest Utah fiber cut

  • From: sgorman1
  • Date: Fri May 21 15:01:36 2004

I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the Utah cut.

The news report said that the cut happened near Monroe Utah, which is several miles off of I 70.  Yet the cities that were reported effected included St. George, Cedar City, and Salt Lake, which all are adjacent to I 15.

The puzzling part is that in our "best effort" database Qwest does not have long haul fiber running down I 70, but it does have a lot of fiber running down I 15.  There is Qwest fiber on I 15, all the cities affected are on I 15 yet the reported cut was near Monroe off of I 70.

I'm not familiar with Utah geogrpahy and this comes simply from looking at our maps.  Just trying to sort out the seeming discrepency.  Any insight?